TAKING STOCK: ASSESSING THE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT ORG
Is your product management organization operating at its full potential? Do product managers have the right knowledge and skills to deliver great products and solutions? Has the product development organization been set up for success?
Using experience at numerous organizations of all sizes around the world, Greg Prickril can help you answer these questions and work with your team to radically improve the effectiveness of your product management organization. From setting a compelling product vision to prioritizing individual features, Greg can help you identify and optimize the processes that transform ideas into shipping products. Assessments are:
- Based on a flexible framework and can be delivered in as little as a week
- Generate understandable, actionable results
- Provide the basis for tracking improvements to product management effectiveness over time
Organizational Maturity Score
Our framework generates a single maturity score for your product management organization based on three key dimensions:
- Maturity of your product management-related processes such as roadmapping and release planning
- Professional competency of your product managers and their leadership
- Effectiveness of your organizational setup, including factoring of accountabilities across disciplines
The diagram below depicts the top-level dashboard. Drill-down capabilities allow you to explore more granular scores used in the maturity score calculation and even simulate how investments in various related activities will likely impact the maturity score.